Renit Shah’s Tips on Selling Real Estate in Dubai
Over the years working in Real Estate I have conducted thousands of viewings and have 10 recommendations for preparing your property, below is a quick guide for seller to make the viewing a success.
1. Clear clutter.
Clean and tidy, remember the people who are viewing your apartment are looking at very details of the property an untidy property gives the impression you do not look after your property, untidy property will also make it difficult to see the key features of the property, ie actual size of the rooms any unique details that add benefit to the property.
2. Keep the kids and pets away from the home when people are viewing the property.
If possible but sometimes difficult to do, if you have dogs or cats keep away for a short time while viewings are being conducted, the potential buyers many not be fond of pets plus can be a distraction.
3. Peace and quiet is important so turn off the TV and music during visits by potential buyers.
To avoid distractions and allow for questions to be asked by the potential buyer.
4. Clean the kitchen and bathrooms. Create pleasant smells such as fresh flowers or lighting scented candles. Stale tobacco or pet smells turn people off properties.
Set the ambience of the property, nice fresh smells heighten the sense of attraction to the property and accentuate the features.
5. Make sure the house is neither too hot nor cold during viewings.
Create a comfortable environment so the potential buyer can take their time to view the apartment, if to hot or cold you will find the viewing cut short.
6. Clean all the windows.
Buyers can see the views of the property clearly, also indicates that you look after your property.
7. Speak about the local good points such as good schools or great restaurants.
8. Spell out the good everyday points such as low utility bills, extra cable TV connections etc.
9. Point out security features such as window locks, spy holes etc. as this will make people feel safe in the home.
10. Point out any upgrades or unique features of the property. This will give the potential buyer added value to the property and add to the attraction.